Continuing on with the NECESSITY OF SANCTIFICATION while borrowing from the outline found in Matthew Henry's Commentary:
1. Rom 6:2 We are dead to sin, to sin is a contradiction of our profession.
2. Rom 6:3 Baptized into his death so it is necessary to conform to Christ's death.
3. Rom 6:9-10 Buried with him It is necessary also to conform unto Christ's RESURRECTION
4. Rom 6:14 we have new covenant promises, effectual and mighty, shall we sin against such love and grace.
5. The necessity of Sanctification further shown that we have such encouragement in the New Covenant promises - to sin would be to "suck poison."
ROM 6:15 Matthew Henry: Abusing this is to be “sucking poison from such encouragment.”
Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
What can be more black and ill-natured than from a friend’s extradinary expressions of kindess and good-will to take occasion to affront and offend him? To spurn at such bowels, to spit in the face of such love, is that which between man and man, all the world would cry out shame one.