Sunday, July 18, 2010

A SOUL FEEDING - SOUL INSTRUCTING SONG V4


Continuing in our look at Psalm 42

Psalm 42:4


When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

There were better times before - the thinking of the joy I had then in worship and praise with like-minded worshippers of GOD, with a multitude that kept holyday. Really kept it - in true worship to God. The VOICE OF JOY was there, I had joy in the Lord then. Now tears are my meat - but then Joy. And remembering these things I pour out my soul in me.

What is this: "pour out my soul in me?" Matthew Henry describes it thus: "his soul was poured out in him; he melted away, and the thought almost broke his heart. he poured out his soul within him in sorrow, and then poured out his soul before God in prayer."

No comments: