Monday, January 25, 2010

Kwame's Gleanings from Numbers Chap 5

Kwame finding much joy and insight reading his way through the book of Numbers has been emailing me some of his observations. Previously I posted an email on his over all take so far through the first five chapters, today I thought I would pass on something he wrote me derived from Numbers Chapter Five. click here for previous post

This morning I read some of commentary (Matthew Henry's) notes on Chapter 5. Maintaining the purity of the camp is stressed in chapter 5 and Matthew Henry talked about the need for the church to be kept pure. He mentioned how "the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable" Also the church must "separate between the precious and the vile, and purge out scandalous persons, as old leaven" This very thing God would do on the great day as He "will thoroughly purge his floor" Rev 21:27

There was a lot more but this is just a taste for this morning. Just adding to your desire to taste-that-which-is-good.

kwame

No comments: