Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Geveva Bible - Chap 16

Reading Through the Geneva Bible in One Year - click here for intro. In which I post from It's Notes a few of those which I marked of particular interest with sporadic comments.

GENESIS 16:2

Gen 16:2 And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the Lord hath (1) restrained me from childbearing, I pray thee go in unto my maid: it may be that I shall receive a child by her. And Abram obeyed the voice of Sarai.

(1) She fails by limiting God's power to the common order of nature, as though God could not give her children in her old age.

GENESIS 16:4

GEN 16:4 And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her dame was (1) despised in her eyes.

(1) This punishment declares what they gain if they attempt any thing against the word of God.

In these two verses we learn a practical lesson. An application - Do not limit God's power! Do not ATTEMPT anything AGAINST God's Word.

No comments: